Hirer and Service Agreement
To our valued clients, the following terms and conditions apply to any prop hire, event styling and/or set-up by Events By Viv.
Please read the following terms and conditions before any deposits or payments are made. Any form of payment will be taken as confirmation that the following terms and conditions have been read, understood, and accepted and agreed upon.
For the purposes of the T&C’s, the following titles will be defined as follows.
Events By Viv – Vivienne Obeid and company.
Hirer – Person/s who have paid to hire products for a temporary agreed period from Events By Viv
Client – Person/s who have paid for a service of organisation, styling and/or set-up for an agreed event or period to be undertaken by Events By Viv
Items – All items owned by Events By Viv being hired by the hirer or client/s
PAYMENT AND BOND
1. To secure the booking date for any form of prop hire and/or event styling, the Hirer/Client agrees to place a 30% deposit with Events By Viv. Please note – your chosen date or items will not be held for you without a deposit.
2. By paying a deposit the terms and conditions outlined are deemed as acceptable by the Hirer/Client.
3. The remaining balance of your invoice is due 10 days prior to the event date.
4. Events By Viv accepts bank transfer, cash payments, and credit cards. Bank details can be found on quotations and invoices. To pay by credit card, please enquire Events By Viv on how to make payment. All payments made by credit card will incur a 2% surcharge.
5. The bond is an option of a $250.00 cash bond or a copy of a credit card and must be taken before receiving the agreed hired Items. (Debit cards will not be accepted)
6. All bonds will be held by Events By Viv until the safe return or pickup of all items is made. The Items are to be returned in the same condition as was hired out to the Hirer/Client, minus any reasonable wear and tear.
7. If any damage is made to the Items, and/or if they become lost or stolen, it is the responsibility of the Hirer/Client to pay for the damages or replacement. The bond will be forfeited plus extra costs may apply. Events By Viv has the right to send you the invoice for damages and/or charge the credit card on file.
CHANGES AND CANCELLATIONS
COVID-19 Cancellations. Events By Viv WILL NOT be issuing refunds due to events being cancelled, rescheduled or postponed due to NSW Government implemented COVID-19 rules and restrictions However, Events By Viv will happily work with you to come to new arrangements and also offer CREDIT NOTES valid for 12 months.
8. All cancellations/changes need be given as soon as possible in an email to email@example.com . No verbal cancellations can be accepted to avoid any misunderstandings or miscomunication.
9. Orders cancelled within 10 days of the event date will forfeit the total amount (100%) to Events By Viv.
10. Orders cancelled within 11days - 4 weeks prior to event will forfeit their 25% deposit.
11. All cancellations outside of this 4 week window prior to their event, will incur a $120 administration fee which will be deducted from the deposit paid.
12. Any and all changes that result in the removal of items/services from the booking can only be made 4 weeks prior to the event date - unless approved by Events By Viv. Additional Items/Services can be made at any time but are subject to availability and require additional deposit payments to secure.
13. Once products have been received, the Hirer/Client accepts all responsibilities and liabilities until the Items have been returned to or picked up by Events By Viv.
14. The Hirer/Client is responsible for maintaining all appropriate policies of insurance, covering liability, property and casualty insurances in amounts necessary to fully protect Events By Viv and their Items against all claims, loss or damage.
15. Events By Viv is not responsible and holds no liability for any injury that may occur to any person/s during the hire period or thereafter as a result of any Items/Service supplied by Events By Viv.
LOSS OR DAMAGES
16. All Items supplied by Events By Viv shall always be deemed owned by Events By Viv unless stated otherwise that the Client can keep certain Items.
17. All Items are supplied to the Hirer/Client on the bases of reasonable use within the advertised context.
18. Should any Item/s become lost, stolen or damaged when in possession of the Hirer/Client, the Hirer/Client is responsible to immediately notify Events By Viv when noticed.
19. The Hirer/Client agrees to pay for all products lost, destroyed, stolen, damaged or not returned to Events By Viv.
20. Replacement costs will be paid to Events By Viv based on the current pricing and availability of the items on the market. Should no equivalent item be found by Events By Viv then the Hirer/Client is to reimburse Events By Viv the cost in cash or bank transfer at a reasonable cost price set by Events By Viv.
21. All reimbursements shall be paid by the Hirer/Client within 48 hours of the drop off of all other Items and maybe subject to late fee/extension fee if overdue.
22. Items are not to be left out in damaging weather and Items are not weather/waterproof.
23. Events By Viv advises that the Hirer/Client takes care of Items when using red wine, chewing gum, candle wax, cigarettes, food and drinks on any items subjectable to staining or damage. A cleaning fee will be added to these Items when necessary, and will result in the forfeit of the Hirer/Client’s bond payment.
24. Before returning any Items. The Hirer/Client is responsible for cleaning all Items. NO food scraps or liquids are to be left on items.
25. If Items are returned unclean, a minimum cleaning fee of $50.00 will be deducted from the cash bond or charged to the credit card left as security by Events By Viv.
26. Cutlery and charger plates are to be hand-washed ONLY and dried directly after.
27. Cake stands and Dessert Plates are NOT to be submerged in water and are to be wiped down with a clean cloth. DO NOT use any harsh cleaning chemicals on these Items.
28. All linen/material Items (such as backdrops) will be dry-cleaned by Events By Viv and do not need to be washed by the Hirer/Client.
29. If Events By Viv is hired to style your event, we will take care of the cleaning of ALL Items.
30. All Items are hired out on a 2 day hire basis. E.g. drop off Friday, Pick up Sunday.
31. Hirer pick up and drop off is from Yagoona, NSW. Time and Dates to be pre-discussed and confirmed with Events By Viv.
32. Should the Hirer fail to return all Items within the allocated time frame (without pre-approval from Events By Viv) a late/extension fee of $30.00 per day will be charged to the Hirer. This will be automatically deducted from the bond or charged to the credit card details left as security.
PROP HIRE RATES
33. All prop hire rates are ONLY for the hiring of Items and not for any other services.
34. Delivery minimum Item hire spend is $200.00 – delivery costs are based from $150.00 and extra charges may apply, depending on drop-off/pick-up location and hire date/s period.
35. Pick up minimum Item hire spend is $100.00.
DELIVERY & PICK-UP
36. Bump-in is when the Hirer is ready to receive the items without delay.
37. Bump-out is when Items are cleaned and packed up by the Hirer and all Items are ready to be picked up without delay. Any delays will incur an additional charge.
38. Delivery and Pickup is strictly a “DROP OFF & GO” or “PICK UP & GO” service at an easily accessible, ground level or in garage premises. Beyond these locations may incur extra charges.
39. Events By Viv DO NOT setup and pack down for hired Items. Set up and pack down is the responsibility of the Hirer. Unless Events By Viv is hired to style the event by the Client.
Extra charges may apply if:
The Hirer requests for Items to be taken beyond ground level of a building;
The event space is more than 20m from where the Events By Viv driver can safely park;
If Items need to pass via stairs, elevators, escalators or a steep descent;
If you require a large quantity of items, a labour fee may be added to cover for staff time taken to load and unload the truck;
If you require a drop off or pick up outside the hours of 9am-5pm.
PHOTO AND VIDEO
40. The Hirer/Client consents to Events By Viv use of any photo taken of the Items at the event, and any other photos shared by anyone on public social media platforms, for marketing purposes whether for profit or not.
*Disclaimer – Terms & Conditions are subject to change at any time